or The list of things that make me happy
They are too popular, I know, and mine is going to be a cliché to many as well. But hey, it’s my reminder when I’m felling down that there are things I enjoy and appreciate in life. So, why not?
- Read. Read. Read. Novels, short stories, poetry, essays; literature, philosophy or quality journalism. No matter, just surround your mind with meaningful words regularly.
- Write. You know what, right? Sit down and reach within.
- Plan a journey or a trip. Remind yourself of places you want to visit, or do a research for new destinations.
- Go on a journey or a trip. Discover and embrace the adventure on the way.
- Listen to ”your” music. The classic favourites or the new best songs ever, I bet the next best act of the moment is around the corner.
- Sing. Who cares if you can?
- Dance. All crazy and with your eyes closed.
- Go for a walk into the heart of the city. Meet your lively friends the streets.
- Enter the cinema for a good movie, the surprising European one or something of completely random interest.
- Buy a ticket for a concert, or two, or three, and one for a festival. And then be excited a month, a week, a day in advance, until the night when everything falls back into place again.
- Read out loud in French. Nobody’s listening to your false accent, flow with the melody.
- Look at the sky, into the clouds. There is always some inspiration or calm or just beauty up there.
- Watch a sunset (one day try a sunrise as well), the slow descend of the sun, all the shades of yellow and red, the burning lines and shadowy clearness.
- Observe the plants and animals. Tree in the middle of a busy square, a buzzing meadow, little bugs on leaves, spiders on walls, a dog passing by, a cat following you with its gaze from a balcony.
- Caress animals, touch wood and plants, smell flowers and inhale the scent of herbs.
- Eat fresh fruit, and dark chocolate, and sorbet ice-cream. Or pasta with your favourite absolutely green vegan pesto.
- Have your morning routine in peace. You’ll be grateful (and everyone else around you).
- Drink water. A sip there and a sip later. Refresh yourself.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Nurture your whole body with a nourishing cream.
- Put on a funny brooch, colourful earings or your everyday rings.
- Make yourself a simple, but delicious lunch.
- Tidy up your room. Make some space. You live and breathe in there.
- Laugh out loud, really loud, ignore anyone’s annoyance.
- Draw and paint. Colour!
- Look at the present. All is here and all passes. Whatever suits the moment.
- Fill your notebooks. With quotes or your own ramblings. You actually do go back to those some day.
- Make yourself some grandma’s herbal tea. Or have a glass of wine. Depends on the mood.
- Allow yourself to say no… and yes.
- Write a diary. Again, you do go back to those memories some day. Lessons are well preserved that way.
- Sleep. Take your time for it.
- Dream. Asleep and awake.
Waw, it’s a long one.
Good, life is good.